BLITZPAINTER 2021 is a miniatures wargaming paint showcase, organised by Blitzminis to showcase the painting and modeling talents of our local gaming community from the comfort of their home.
Participants enter photos of their favorite painted model(s) and get showcased on the Blitzminis website and social media to share with fellow gamers and painters.
In addition to getting their models featured, the top 6 selections each month will enter a random draw to win tokens of appreciation from Blitzminis, including store vouchers, paint supplies, special items and more!
At the end of the event, Blitzmini’s store owner Ben will pick out his personal favorites in each phase and award a very special prize to the winners!
Period: 5 Jun 2021 - 31 Jul 2021
Phase 1 (5 Jun 2021- 30 Jun 2021): Open category
- Models from any game brand can be submitted.
Phase 2 (1 Jul 2021 - 31 Jul 2021): Age of Sigmar/ Warhammer category
- Models from Age of Sigmar/Warhammer Underworld or other games workshop fantasy themed games will receive priority for the prize raffle draw and Ben’s Choice.
RULES AND REGULATIONS for BLITZPAINTER 2021
- Each participant is allowed to submit a maximum of 4 entries.
- All entries must be built and painted by the participant in order to qualify.
- By entering this contest participants agree that the organizers reserve the rights to use the photographs of the entries for publicity and promotional purposes.
- Models entered in other competitions are not eligible for participation in this event.
- Nudity or provocative entries are not allowed.
- This event is only open for participants residing in Singapore.
Eligible model submissions:
- Models submitted must be from any published tabletop wargame or board game (eg. Flames of War, Team Yankee, Conquest, Warhammer 40k, Age of Sigmar etc). As a general rule, if the model in question has rules for playing in games, it is a legal model.
- Models submitted can be any scale as long as they adhere to the above rule.
- Kitbashed or modified models are legal as long as they adhere to the above rules.
- 3d printed models are not legal for entry.
- Multiple models/squads are legal as long as the photos are of the entire squad. They will be treated as a diorama entry.
- Commissioned models are only legal for entry if they are submitted by the original painter.
- All submissions to be done via email from now till 31 JUL 2021.
- Participants are required to submit 3 photos for each entry.
- Each image file size should be submitted as JPEG format.
- All photos must be taken with a plain backdrop. Avoid overly complicated backdrops.
- Do not apply camera filters.
Submitting your photos:
Email to: email@example.com
EMAIL SUBJECT: BLITZPAINTER 2021
Please enter the following details when submitting your entry.
Title of your model:
Entry is free for this event.
BEN’S CHOICE AWARD
- Blitzminis Owner Ben Lim will pick out his personal favorites at the end of the event.
- One winner will be selected from each phase. Winners of the store raffle award are also eligible for this award
- Winners will be awarded a special gift (To be confirmed midway through the event).
- The results of this draw are final.
STORE RAFFLE AWARD
- Participants receive 1 entry ticket for each entry they submit. Repeat submissions of identical models will be ignored for the purposes of this qualifier. A maximum of 4 tickets will be awarded per participant for the duration of this event.
- The top 6 entries will be selected by a panel of judges at the end of each month based on the following criteria:
- Quality of build - mold lines, gaps or seams should be avoided as much as possible
- Technical painting - neatness of paint job, techniques such as blending or styles as well as personal creativity
- Quality of photography - photos of the models should be clear and in focus, with good lighting and an eye for composition and framing