What is Flames of War?
An Introduction to Flames of War
Flames of War is a World War II tabletop game where you use armies represented by painted miniature tanks, soldiers, artillery, and aircraft against another similar opponent's force.
The game uses 15mm scale (around 1:100) miniatures, allowing miniatures from other manufacturers to be used. The game aspires to provide a good balance between playability and simulation and has a typical game running under 2 hours.
In the 1st Edition rulebook basic army lists were provided for the mid-war period (1942–1943), while Battlefront published early (1939–1941) and late war (1944–1945) army lists on their website (subsequently these early and late war lists were removed). The 2nd Edition of the rulebook was published in 2006. The 3rd Edition of the rules was released on March 10, 2012. The 4th Edition rules were released in March 2017.
What are the Factions in Flames of War?
FOW Factions that players can play includes the WW2 British, WW2 USA, WW2 Germans & the WW2 Soviets.
How To Get Started Playing Flames Of War?
The best way to Start playing Flames of War is get the latest Ultimate Starter Set or better still, arrange for a Demo Game at BlitsMinis FLGS where our local community of FOW Gamers will help you with the rules and build your first army.
BlitzMinis Blog Post on Flames of War
- Flames of War Bulge : Americans at a Glance
- Flames of War Bulge American: Detroit’s Heavy Metal
- Flames of War Bulge Campaign League Stage 2
- Painting your American Pershing Tanks
Other Flames of Wars Resources:
- The Official Flames of War Website
- BoardGameGeek Flames of War Ratings Page
- Flames of War Wikipedia Page
- Flames of War TV
- BlitzMinis Flames of War Online Store
- BlitzMinis YouTube Channel